POWWOW MOBILE, INC.
Effective April 18, 2017
Information We Collect
Information You Provide. We collect information about you when you (a) register for the Service (including registering to use the Products or subscribing to our blog and other updates via the Site) and (b) when you contact us by email, mail, or through the Service. The types of information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, company name, title, mailing address, or phone number.
Third Party Platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
How we Use Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Service and our products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Service (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Service and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Service, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Service) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including sending you newsletters, blog postings, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described below under “Your Controls and Choices”;
- To deliver you advertising, including serving and managing ads on the Service or on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history. Please see the section entitled “Your Controls and Choices” for additional information on your related controls; and
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Service, among other things. We take reasonable steps to require that these parties agree to process such information in accordance with our instructions and appropriate security protections;
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share and/or transfer your personally identifiable information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personally identifiable information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
The Service contains features (such as our support forums) that enable you to post reviews, comments or other content that is publicly viewable. You should be aware that any personal information you submit as part of those posts can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to the Service, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to publicly post on the Service. Please see our Terms of Service for more information and for other guidelines about posting content on the Service.
Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Service to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Service. Please note, however, that you may not have the option to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
Blocking Cookies. You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the Service may cease to function properly if you do so.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Service does not respond to this type of signal.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use the Service, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. If for some reason you are unable to access your account, please contact us with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
If you do not have an account but have provided us with your email address, see Section 6 above for instructions on opting out from receiving communications.
We may retain your information as necessary to support the Service, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Service even if you cease using the Service, or we terminate your access to the Service.
No Children Under Age 13
Your California Privacy Rights and Disclosures
California Shine the Light Law. If you are a California resident, it is our policy pursuant to California’s Shine the Light Law (CA Civil Code Section 1798.83) not to disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you have opted-in to such disclosures. Please note that even if you do not opt-in, we may still share your information with third parties for purposes other than direct marketing, such as for completing a requested transaction or any other non-direct marketing purposes permitted under this policy.
California Minors. At any time, you can delete or remove your posts using the same deletion or removal procedures described in “Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information” above, or otherwise through the Service. If you have questions about how to remove your posts or if you would like additional assistance with deletion, you can contact our support team at email@example.com. Although we offer deletion capability for our Service, you should be aware that the removal of posts may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the Service.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
International Transfer of Data
We may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries outside the United States and make it accessible to our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers internationally. By using the Service or otherwise providing personal information to us, you are consenting to have your personal information transferred to and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers maintain facilities.